Services: 10 Mistakes that Most People Make

How To Claim Unpaid Wages In California

Upon getting hired at a firm, nobody can tell how sometimes things turn out and it happens to the best of us that you may find yourself dealing with issues of unpaid wages along the way. Even though there is a chance that the situation may turn from bad to worse, it is important to do something and claim your unpaid wages. After all, it is money owed to you for work you have done. Here is how to claim unpaid wages in California.

First thing you need to do is to carry out some research. Ask a friend or a former colleague how they might have gone around it especially those that have indeed have been in this same situation. Check the internet for more information Use the blogs, social media platforms and online forums to you learn a lot more. Read through the reviews and feedback given by others that have walked this journey before.

You shall then need to contact your employer asking for your unpaid wages. This should be in written form via a letter or an email. Write a very articulate letter with all the information that you have and attach proof if you have any. If you are a member of any workers trade union in California, copy the letter to the leader as well. Be sure to copy the letter to the head to the trade union you belong to so as to keep them informed, you might need their input later on. Put a timeline on the letter when you do write it so that you can follow up once the time has elapsed.

You will need to now involve a third party in this case if your employer does nothing even after you have talked to him about this. There are conciliation services you can hire so that they could come in as a third party and try to find a solution or you could go for a local trade union. Your appointment letter and your pay slips will help prove that you were working for the employer as you claim, carry them with you when you go meet this third party you have chosen.

When it hits three months before you get your wages paid, you will not be allowed to take your case to the employment tribunal, you need to do this earlier. The earlier the better but make sure that by the 29th of the third month, your case it already in the hands of the tribunal. If it seems like you are not getting any help from the conciliation party you involved, you should take the matter to the employment tribunal. In most situations, you find that the cases are withdrawn because the parties come to a settlement and there is no more need for a hearing.

In case you do take the case to the employment tribunal, you will need someone to represent you. If you think you can do it, you can represent yourself or you could find a lawyer to do that for you. At times you find that your relationship with your employers is not very clear, there has to be a hearing for this first.

If You Think You Get Attorneys, Then Read This

What Has Changed Recently With Services?